Florida's 1st Choice for Autism Support
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Centers for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD), a Florida statewide program for individuals with autism and related disabilities, and their annual conference organizer Providing Autism Links & Supports, Inc. (PALS, Inc.) are now inviting proposals for presentations at the 2022 29th Annual Statewide CARD Conference, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 14-16, 2022.
Submissions Maximum: A total of 2 submissions per presenter permitted
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
To complete the submission form you will need:
- A title for the presentation
- An abstract for the presentation
- A short biographical statement for each presenter
- A high resolution photo of each presenter
- A short vitae or resume (whichever applies)
- At least 3 learning outcomes for the presentation
- APA references for the presentation (if this is a personal presentation mark PERSONAL in the box)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
|CARD & PALS Invite & Extend Submissions
The Centers for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) and Providing Autism Links & Supports, Inc. (PALS, Inc.) invite proposals for presentations at the 2022 29th Annual Statewide CARD Conference, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 14-16, 2022, at the Florida Hotel & Conference Center. 1500 Sand Lake Road. Orlando. FL 32809.
|28th Annual CARD Conference||CARD, a Florida statewide program, brings together a wide range of professionals and parents to share information about individuals with autism spectrum disorders and dual sensory impairments. The purpose of the conference is to provide education and information to professionals and families committed to individuals with autism spectrum disorders, dual sensory impairment, and related disabilities. Audiences range from families of newly diagnosed toddlers to leaders in the field of autism research and treatment|
|Presentation Length||Presentations are typically 90 minutes in length. Presenters may be asked to repeat their presentation|
|Presentation Title||Maximum words 10|
|Proposal Format||Lecture, group discussion or panel|
|Content Track Suggestions
| · Nature of Autism Spectrum Disorders and Related Disabilities/Early Intervention (targeted toward newly involved families and early intervention professionals) Nature of autism, early signs, diagnosis, and treatment, Getting started – IEP development, early intervention, Basics of instruction and intervention. Basic behavioral interventions in home and community.
· Education Support and Strategies Social skills and inclusion strategies and issues, Communication programming, Curriculum and classroom issues, Models of instruction and delivery, working with and supporting individuals with high behaviors, Sensory and attention issues, Educational Innovations, Behavioral interventions for those with high needs, Behavioral practices in the classroom.
· Family Support/Relationships Practical recommendations for home living, parenting issues, Advocacy and education, rights, and responsibilities, Family relationships, sibling issues, Community supports, leisure activities, quality of life, Dating and marriage on the spectrum. Behavioral invention in home and community.
· Specialized Populations Deaf-blindness – Rhett’s Syndrome, comorbidities, dual sensory
· Adult Topics College, employment, residential options, self-determination, personal perspectives
· Transition– elementary to middle, middle to high, high to college, college to living on own, death/grieving.
·Advanced Topics Research and clinical results, Medical and genetic aspects
·Health & Wellness Diet, exercise, medical checkups/training/support, Medicaid, Medicare, Insurance
·Legal Issues guardianship, trusts, social security
|Presenter Information||ALL ITEMS MUST BE COMPLETED FOR EACH PRESENTER (maximum of 3 presenters per presentation) and a copy of each presenter’s vita (6 page maximum) forwarded with worksheet. If you do not have a curriculum vita, a resume is acceptable.|
|Presentation Abstract||A 50-150 word description for the Conference Program. Carefully proof read your submission. This is how it will appear in the program.|
|Learning Objectives/Outcomes||This section should provide three (3) learning objectives and outcomes for the presentation, and sufficient information to determine how the session contributes to best practices and advances in the field of autism spectrum disorders or dual sensory impairments. (Speakers may be asked to submit additional presentation materials.)|
|APA References||Provide at least 3 APA formatted references for each submitted presentation. If your presentation is a personal presentation simply, write this is a personal presentation|
|Audio Visual||All rooms will be provided with a:
· PC laptop
·Table for the equipment
· Microphone if the room size warrants one
If you are a MAC user, please make sure the presentation will play properly on a PC. Presenters are required to bring presentations on CD or flash-drive and a back-up is suggested. If your presentation has video please make sure the clips are downloaded on the flash drive with the presentation (if this is not done your video input will not play on another computer). If you are not sure how to do this or have not done it before, please contact our office for assistance 407-823-6020.
|Review Process||Proposals are acknowledged as received. A committee review panel will review all proposals. Presenter names and credentials are withheld from review. Proposals selected will provide balanced content and broad geographic representation. For 2022, emphasis will be on advanced topics and effective skills for working with individuals with high behaviors.|
|If Selected||1. Conference Admission Waived
2. You are committing to the date and time.
3. You are responsible for travel/meals/accommodations.
4. You will be recognized on the website/conference program and possibly other printed materials.
You will be notified on August 30, 2021
|Submissions||Maximum of 2 submissions per presenter permitted. The submission deadline is Monday, August 15, 2021, midnight. Any submissions after August 15, 2021, midnight, will not be considered. All submissions can be dropped here https://www.dropbox.com/request/OuJZQnREITsbEYhlCF10 . All submissions must be labeled as “your last name_your first name,” example: Samuels_Judith if more than one presenter -name file with all presenters.
Curriculum vitae (short version is permissible, please not longer than 6 pages if possible) or a full resume must be submitted with your submission and each labeled as: Vitae: Last Name_First Name
|Complete Submission Includes||
1. Call for Papers Submission Form
2. Each presenters’ vitae or resume (whichever is applicable)
3. A photograph of each presenter
Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
|Contact Information||All email correspondence must use CFP CARD 2022 in subject line
|Due Date||Monday, August 15, 2021 Midnight|
Contact Information: All email correspondence must use CFP CARD 2022 in subject line
You may simply submit here or If you wish to save and drop electronically: 2022 SUBMISSION DROP
Full Link: (https://www.dropbox.com/request/OuJZQnREITsbEYhlCF10)
Mail: PALS for UCF CARD
Call for Proposals
PO Box 781458
Orlando. FL 32878-1458
Due Date All Proposals due by August 15, 2021 at midnight